Where I Live

Colombia

Colombia is a country located on the north part of south america. Is a very rich country in different ways. It has a diversity cultures and languages, with white, mestizo and afro american population and three indian ethnic groups. Colombia's official language is Spanish even tho, they take the indian languages as official too, but Spanish is the main one.

Colombia has coast with the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean. It has a variety of climates depending on the altitude of the place you are on.This country is surrounded by a mountain range called "Los Andes" which is dividen in : the Western, the Central and the Oriental.Colombia has borders with the countries of: Venezuela, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador and Panama. Colombia also has maritime borders with Nicaragua, Panamá, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Haití and Dominican Republic.

Colombia is divided into thirty-two departments and six natural regions. There is the Andean region which covers the mountain ranges, The Caribbean Region connected with the caribbean sea, The Pacific Region connected to the Pacific Ocean, the Orinoquia Region where the Orinoco river empties and the Amazon Region where the amazon forest is located.Colombia's capital is Bogotá. One of its most important cities is called Barranquilla.

  Barranquilla
Barranquilla is a city situated in the country of Colombia. It is the capital of the Atlantic department and it's also constituted by the municipalities of Soledad, Malambo, Galapa and Puerto Colombia. Is the principal economic center of the Caribbean region.
This city has a typical tradition of making an anual carnival which is the second biggest carnival of the world. It starts the saturday before the ash wednesday and ends in the tuesday of the next week.
 This particular carnival has a lot of unique characteristics, it's mostly a cultural event where every person can express themselves in every possible way. There's folkloric dances, popular dances, eccentric costumes that show all kinds of animal species, native and strange creatures. Some of the most traditional costumes of the Barranquilla Carnival are the Garabato, the Congo, the Marimonda and the Monocuco.
Barranquilla has a unique vibe you'll only get of you are actually in this city. People from this city (in general) are very loud and charismatic, they have a pretty good personality and mood that can be transmitted to you immediately you talk or hang out with them. This city has an amazing , beautiful and joyful essence that you will not perceive anywhere else.

My Neighborhood 
I live in a really small building of five floors, 3 apartments for each floor. I live with my mom, my dad, my sister and my siberian husky "snow". At the entrance, at the left you can find a small playground, filled with different types of flowers and games for the kids to enjoy like a slide, two swings,etc. At the right you see a pool in form of an L. I don't actually know that much most of my neighbours, i only hang with the ones who have lived here since my parents moved here. Most of my neighbours are grown persons, some of them are very hateful and bitter, you can spite that with only being around them. I'll rather stay away from all of them, but despite this facts I'll always be polite and respectful to them even tho if they are not to me, that's what my parents have taught me my whole life. I live on the apartment in the middle of the third floor, I consider that my apartment it's really big, it has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Near the living room is a really cute balcony that my mom has decorated with a bunch of flowers she planted , because she loves gardening.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Self-Reliance

The Devil & Tom Walker